Continued implementation of the Pilot project „Support Measures for Small-Scale Fishing”, GRANT AGREEMENT FINANCED BY THE EUROPEAN UNION: MARE / 2014/04 – SI2.724176. In the second half of his performance – calendar 2017, pending numerous of events, including:
- Study tour of small-scale fishermen from Bulgaria and Romania in Bristol – United Kingdom of Great Britain;
- Preparation of practical manuals related to general and specific objectives of the project, such as:
- How to start a successful business in small scale fisheries sector;
- How to learn more about opportunities to become a beneficiary under the new EMFF (European Fund for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries) and other EU funds;
- What do the terms “CFP” (Common policy on fisheries), “IMP” (Integrated Maritime Policy), and the “Blue Growth”;
- How to become part of the future FLAG (Fisheries Local Action Group) under the EMFF, or what opportunities they offer existing LTROs (Joint small-scale fishermen).
Foreseen and numerous public events with broad participation of representatives of the industry from Bulgaria and Romania, the European Commission and institutions related to specific issues.
The project, which has a total value of € 177,767 was launched in early 2016 and will be completed at the end of this year. He meets with broad public support which aims inclusion of small scale fisheries sector with the priorities of European, national, regional and local authorities for sustainable fisheries management in Bulgaria and Romania.